Monday, December 3, 2007

Task # 19 Discovering web tools


Going down the list of Web 2.0 awards it was nice to find a few familiar "faces", facebook, digg, reddit, flickr and youtube (of course!) and a big fave of mine, stumbleupon, which I use quite a lot at home. It really works and the more you use it the better it gets (if anyone out there loves craft, it has some fab craft sites! try not martha for a few cute ideas .. found it on stumbleupon! anyway, the purpose of this activity is not just to extol the virtues of stumbling your way through the web. I have a care2 account, which I've used for years so was glad to see that there.
I decided to try to create a wiki, as I can envisage this would be very useful to us. Just to play, created Melbourne Munchers which I am going to encourage everyone to use as a method of compiling decent restaurant reviews and places to find good recommendations. If you're reading this, please feel free to check it out! I would love to see my Library starting up some wikis in association with craft and special interest groups. We could purchase and recommend books and they can help with the content. Something in it for everyone! Wetpaint is easy to use and the template was perfect for the purpose.

No comments: